Behrens Manufacturing in Winona, MN, a premiere manufacturer of steel containers, is looking for some hard-working individuals to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic on 1st Shift.
$1,200 SIGN-ON BONUS!
This is a 1st Shift position with a standard schedule of 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
The Maintenance Mechanic position is directly responsible for diagnosis, repair and improvement of equipment and facilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Install, assemble, and test new machines and equipment.
2. Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
3. Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual and sound inspections.
4. Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
5. Troubleshoot to diagnose root cause, repair and replace parts if necessary
6. Work effectively with other team members in a loud environment.
7. Repair, install, adjust, or maintain machines or vehicles.
8. Complete digital record of work completed
1. Valid driver’s license.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to act competently in emergencies.
4. Strong Mechatronics knowledge
a. Electrical Circuits
b. Industrial Controls
d. Mechanical Power Transmission
e. Hydraulics & Pneumatics
This position manages no direct reports.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3 pm. This position may require overtime.
No travel is required.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Highschool or GED Diploma
- 3+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years working in a maintenance department
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Successful trade or vocational school completion
2. Associate’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical, electrical or engineering specialties (preferred)
3. 2 years’ experience in one or more of the building trades’
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $23 an hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
Work Location: One location